Smoothies are full of nutrients and flavor. They are an essential part of breakfast as they provide a power-packed start for the day. A lot of protein along with many nutrients subdue food cravings and keep you away from eating junk food.
Smoothies that contain a lot of green leafy vegetables add essential vitamins and minerals to breakfast and aid in digestion. The fiber supplied by these drinks multiplies the benefits of having a delicious breakfast.
Immunity refers to the ability of your body to fight against pathogens and diseases. This natural potential becomes degenerated due to several reasons. Interestingly, having smoothies made of ingredients that include nutrients like beta-carotene helps boost your immune system.
Whole green foods, fruit, nuts and spices and coconut oil. Contrary to what the media tells you, your body does need some saturated fat in your diet. Coconut is a healthy saturated fat that includes Omega 3 fatty acids.
This delicious smoothie contains coconut oil which has less calories than other oils, it’s fat content is easily converted into energy and it doesn’t lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries. Coconut oil helps in boosting energy and endurance, and enhances the performance of athletes.
For this smoothie you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- hand full of almonds (preferably raw)
- 1/3 cup of pineapple (fresh is better than canned)
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 red or gala apple
- 1/4 orange
- 1/2 carrot stick (4-5 baby carrots)
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/2 cucumber
- hand full of spinach
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 heaping table spoon of virgin coconut oil
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of turmeric
- Add water and almonds to blender and process until a milky texture (about 30-40 seconds)
- Add all the ingredients and blend for 30-40 seconds
- Drink slowly and chew while drinking (chewing releases saliva that contains lots of salivary amylase which is the start of digestion)
- Eat a Healthy Lunch and dinner and drink plenty of water