Here at Gibson Chiropractic in Sacramento, our doctor has helped hundreds of patients find relief from their neck pain. Neck pain can be experienced by children, adults, and seniors alike. Dr. Gibson considers it an important part of his practice to educate patients about common risk factors and causes since neck pain can be avoidable in many instances. Dr. Chris Gibson offers a variety of natural and holistic services to relieve common painful conditions, including neck pain.
What’s Causing Your Neck Pain? Common Causes & Risk Factors
Consider some of the following most common issues contributing to a person’s neck pain and other symptoms:
- Whiplash: strain in the cervical and shoulder region caused by rapid acceleration and deceleration of the body (often in an auto accident or sports accident events)
- Poor posture: without realizing, people often assume poor posture while working, driving, or reading, which can increase tension on the connective tissue structures in the neck—effects are cumulative, meaning a little bit over a long period of time can lead to a lot of problems!
- Text neck: this modern-day syndrome is a specific type of poor posture caused by spending too much time bent over texting or using a smartphone
Any one of these conditions can contribute to the chronic strain on the neck and increase a person’s risk for certain conditions like cervical radiculopathy, osteoarthritis, disc herniation, disc bulge, degenerative disc disease, or even cervical spinal stenosis. However, genetics and advancing age often play roles, as well.
How Our Chiropractor Can Help You Alleviate & Prevent Neck Pain
Dr. Gibson offers several drug-free techniques that can do more than just relieve symptoms of your neck pain (including neck stiffness, tenderness, headaches, shoulder pain, and numbness and tingling in the arm). He also assesses your entire person in order to identify other issues contributing to your dysfunction (such as impaired mobility in the spine and pelvis, muscle length imbalances, and even psychological stress).
Based on his diagnosis (which may include digital digital X-rays imaging) he’ll be able to customize your treatment plan so you can start feeling better ASAP. Neck pain treatment may include services like:
- Spinal adjustments, which increase natural pain-killers in the body and realign the spinal joints
- Kinesiotaping, which increases localized blood flow and reduce muscle tension in the neck
- Comprehensive Energy Pyschology (CEP), which optimizes the brain-body connection necessary for the mental and physical well-being
- Lifestyle education, to teach you ways to avoid and prevent neck pain risk factors
Are You or a Loved One Experiencing Neck Pain? Contact Our Sacramento Chiropractor for Drug-Free Neck Pain Treatment
Natural neck pain treatment with our Sacramento chiropractor is closer than you may think! Contact Gibson Chiropractic today at 916-925-2225.