Subluxations, injuries, whiplash and other musculoskeletal problems can lead to problems like pain, numbness, tingling in the extremities and other problems. Back injuries can affect adults of all ages and of all backgrounds. For patients seeking natural, safe alternatives to standard medical treatments, chiropractic care can help.
Upper, Middle and Lower Back Pain Treatment in Sacramento
There are many different types of back pain. Upper back pain is often caused by poor posture, stress, and injuries like whiplash. Middle back pain can be caused by poor ergonomics, subluxations and muscle tension. Lower back pain, one of the most common types of back pain, is often caused by poor lifting techniques, poor ergonomics, and occupational injuries.
Common Causes of Back Pain
There are many different causes of back pain. Some of the most common reasons that may bring patients to Gibson Chiropractic include:
- Active lifestyle. Patients who do a lot of lifting, exercising and participating in physical activities often experience back pain because of overuse of the muscles.
- Poor posture. Poor posture can cause subluxations, a condition that occurs when pressure is applied to the spinal cord by the vertebrae in the spine.
- Occupational injury. Repetitive motions, poor ergonomics, and slips, trips and falls at work can all cause injuries and chronic pain. Patients who don’t seek treatments for their injuries may develop chronic conditions that lead to regular back pain.
- Muscle strain. Muscle strain caused by poor lifting techniques can lead to lower back pain in patients.
- Bulging disc. A bulging disc is a condition that occurs when one of the discs in the back becomes damaged and bulges out beyond the hard casing that contains it.
Your Chiropractor in Sacramento Can Help
As your chiropractor in Sacramento CA, we offer the following all natural treatments for back pain.
This technique is the cornerstone of chiropractic care. Spinal adjustment can help patients by realigning the spinal column and reducing pressure on the spinal cord. Spinal adjustment can also help patients by improving the functioning of the central nervous system, which in turn helps the body heal itself.
Massage therapy is a technique that chiropractors use to improve range of motion, reduce inflammation, reduce muscle tension and improve patient comfort.
Stretches & Exercises
We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help improve mobility, reduce muscle tension and help patients get the treatment they need.
We offer lifestyle advice to patients to help them make healthy lifestyle changes to their habits and behaviors. These lifestyle changes can prevent back pain in the future.
Contact Your Sacramento Chiropractor for Back Pain Relief
As your Sacramento chiropractor, we offer natural solutions to back pain. We treat chronic pain and injuries without use of addictive medications or invasive surgeries. Whether you’ve recently experienced an injury or have chronic back pain, we can help. Contact us for upper and lower back pain treatment in Sacramento at 916-943-4250.