Why See a Chiropractor?
In general, patients come to see the chiropractor for three reasons: pain management, healing and preventive care. When the body gets sick or injured, chiropractic care can improve the functioning of the central nervous system to help the body heal more quickly. For patients suffering from chronic conditions, chiropractic care can help the patient manage pain.
Conditions Treated With Chiropractic Care
Your chiropractor in Sacramento can treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Back pain – Back pain commonly occurs because of lifestyle choices and injuries. Obesity can also cause back pain. Chiropractors use techniques like spinal adjustment and stretches and exercises to help manage back pain.
- Neck pain – Neck pain is often caused by text neck, a condition that occurs when people spend too much time looking down at mobile devices. Neck pain is commonly treated with spinal adjustment and lifestyle advice.
- Knee pain – Knee pain is a common problem among athletes. In addition to spinal adjustment, we also treat knee pain with stretches and exercises.
- Whiplash – Whiplash occurs when the neck is jerked suddenly, causing muscles and ligaments to develop small tears.
- Headaches and chronic migraines – Headaches can occur because of head injuries, neck injuries and stress.
What To Expect During Your Evaluation or Exam
When you come in for your first chiropractic examination, your chiropractor will start by asking you about your pain and symptoms. After a discussion about lifestyle factors and health history, your chiropractor will evaluate your condition and make a diagnosis.
In subsequent visits, your chiropractor will use techniques like spinal adjustment to realign the vertebrae and restore good communication between the brain and the rest of the body. In addition to spinal adjustment, Gibson Chiropractic also uses stretches and exercises, lifestyle advice and nutrition counseling to help patients heal. These methods are all non-invasive and medication free, which makes them safe for patients.
How Your Chiropractor in Sacramento Can Help
At Gibson Chiropractic, we use techniques like spinal adjustment, stretches and exercises, lifestyle advice and nutrition counseling to help our patients manage their pain. Our experienced chiropractor, Dr. Gibson, provides the safest, gentlest care for patients of all ages, from children to adults. Coming in regularly for chiropractic care can help you stay healthy and avoid serious illnesses.
Contact Your Sacramento Chiropractor
As your Sacramento chiropractor, Gibson Chiropractic is your source for chiropractic care in Sacramento CA. To make an appointment for chiropractic care, contact us at 916-925-2225.